Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sausage and Veggie Rice Toss

I was browsing through Everyday with Rachael Ray and saw a fun recipe for Sausage and Zucchini Rice on my way out of work and decided to try my hand at it. I mixed things up a bit but this was a really satisfying meal.

Sausage and Veggie Rice Toss

1 pound spicy Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 red onion, diced
1 cup corn kernels
2 zucchini, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
1 can diced tomatoes, drained

1 cup smoked gouda
3 cups prepared rice

Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Cook sausage about 7 to 8 minutes, breaking up as it cooks. Remove from heat and set aside. Cook garlic and onion for about 3 minutes. Add corn and zucchini and cook another 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in shredded gouda, rice and sausage and cook one minute. Serve.

1 comment:

KimG said...

This looks delish sans the onions of course. I think I might try this one with a few modifications.