Friday, January 4, 2013

Spinach Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing

If you're like me, New Years means new beginnings for your fridge and pantry. I was cleaning out my pantry when I found half a bag of thin egg noodles and remembered how much I like making Asian-inspired noodle salads. With my new pledge to ditch the meat and dairy (except eggs!), I thought this would be a great way to ease into things.

Spinach Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing

1/2 cup cilantro, divided
1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon water
2 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces thin egg noodles
1 cucumber, chopped
1-2 carrots, grated
2 green onions, chopped (light and dark green parts only)
1/4 cup peanuts
4 ounces spinach

For the dressing, combine 1/4 cup cilantro with peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil water, garlic and salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour in a large bowl and set aside.

Set a pot of water to boil, then cook egg noodles, just 3-4 minutes. Drain and add to the dressing. Toss in cucumber, carrot, green onion, peanuts and remaining cilantro and toss thoroughly. Add spinach and toss, then serve.

Happy New Year!


Bun Baker said...

Umm, this sounds AMAZING!! and I have some left over egg noodles myself so I think I may try this one. Thanks Apron ;)

Apron Adventures said...

Good call! Let me know how it turns out :)