Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mango Chicken Salad


I love chicken salad, but I try to mix things up every time I make it. We just did a mango testing at work for some recipes coming up, which inspired me to try dried mango in my chicken salad- the result was surprisingly refreshing and tangy!

Mango Chicken Salad

1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 4 cups)
1
/4 cup red onion, minced
1 package dried mango, diced
3/4 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
3/4 cup light mayo
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Buns for serving (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate at least one hour or preferably overnight. Add more or less mayo depending on your preferred chicken salad consistency.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious Lehfy, especially with the fresh mango, what a great idea!