Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Mediterranean Chicken Pasta

I've recently discovered my affinity for olives and have therefore started to include them more in my meals. I'm in Kingwood this week celebrating Christmas with my family, and since we usually eat out a lot whenever I come in town, I thought it might be a treat to cook dinner for them. We usually have a good bit of wine around, so I thought a Mediterranean pasta with a wine sauce would be the perfect thing.
Mediterranean Chicken Pasta

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 red onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup artichoke hearts
1/2 cup pitted olives
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup cherry tomatoes
8 ounces fettuccini
4 ounces fresh spinach
1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese

Cut chicken breasts into pieces and sprinkle with herbs. Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium heat and add oil. Cook chicken breasts until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Add onion and garlic and sautee about 3 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts and olives and cook addition 2 minutes. Stir in broth, wine, salt and pepper and tomatoes, cover, reduce heat and let simmer about 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat a large pot of water until boiling. Salt well and add fettuccini, cook until al dente. Drain and reserve.

When chicken mixture is done simmering, stir in spinach to wilt, about 2 minutes. Then divide fettuccini evenly among 4 plates, top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Enjoy!
My mom and sister loved it :)

3 comments:

Chris said...

I have been loving your recipes! (just haven't been commenting... sorry!)

Wishing you a delightful holiday season that brings sharing of love & blessings. Sending hugs and happiness!

Sicilian said...

MMMMMMMMMM. Will have to try this.
Ciao

Brittney said...

DEBBIE!!!!!!!!!!!