Monday, December 8, 2008

Best Green Beans Ever


Before you get confused, this is not Apron. She's making me muffins right now, and I've confiscated her computer so I can blog about green beans. By the way, this is Roommate Daba, and this recipe is a concoction that my mom and I adapted from a most delicious entry in the most delicious cookbook called Stop and Smell the Rosemary. And, I tend to go overboard on onion and garlic, so use your own discretion on that!



Best Green Beans Ever


4 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup minced white onion

1/4 cup fresh basil chiffonade

2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary

3 0r 4 cloves of garlic, minced

1 tsp. salt
1 lb. green beans, snapped and blanched

Melt butter in large skillet and add onion. Saute until soft on medium heat. Add basil, rosemary, garlic, and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Stir in beans. Cook uncovered until beans are thoroughly heated. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve, and enjoy!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

The only thing I love more than green beans is Daba! :)

mister sandwich said...

I'll try making these with Mrs. S. -- she's always trying to sneak green beans into our meals. I had to look up "chiffonade" -- note, not at all like lemonade.