Sunday, February 24, 2013

Menu February 24, 2013

Welcome to another menu plan Sunday! This week we're keeping things simple. Luke and I have both been in Spring cleaning mode, so I want to keep dinners simple so I have time for some organizing. I'm excited because we bought some white paint for our fireplace. It's brick, and unfortunately the previous owners painted over it, and an odd mustardy-neutral color at that! Hopefully, we can make time to tackle that this week :)

  • Monday:  Chicken and White Bean Chili, which I'll riff off of this recipe from Whole Foods Market.
  • Tuesday:  I'll do my own take on Cooking Light's Shrimp Linguine with Ricotta, Fennel and Spinach (I'll be swapping fennel for broccoli since we aren't big fans). 
  • Wednesday:  Since I'm planning on buying some delicious ricotta, I want to get full use of it since it doesn't stay fresh for long. We'll roast up some beets and pair with citrus (whatever looks good at the store) and some fresh greens and grains for a colorful dinner.
  • Thursday:  I'm having some girlfriends over, so we're going to do a top-your-own sweet potato bar. I'll roast up a potato for everyone and have these toppings to choose from (hopefully there's something for everybody!):
    • The last of our fall garden greens, braised
    • Rosemary white beans
    • Chipotle black beans
    • sharp white cheddar
    • Greek yogurt
    • Pesto
    • Salsa
    • Cilantro
    • Bacon
My friend Brittney is coming in town this weekend with her husband Chad - I can't wait! What's cooking in your house this week?

No comments: