Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Austin Must-Try: Uchiko

If you're a fan of food living in Austin, by now you've heard of Tyson Cole's new restaurant - Uchiko. Whether or not you've been is another story. I've been lucky enough to attend their soft opening, a private food blogger event and sit at the sushi bar with a friend thanks to a generous $100 gift card from their awesome PR team. Life is good.





As a result of my good fortune, I've tried numerous things on the menu, and yes, it IS that good. Are some of the menu items pricey? Yes, but they're worth it. There are also several affordable dishes that you can walk away feeling satisfied and with your wallet not fully depleted. The bottom line? You need to check Uchiko out - whether it's for a romantic dinner, a fun night out at the sushi bar or for their saki social happy hour where you get some great steals.


Here are a few of my favorites captured from my various trips there - I can't wait to go back!

My favorite bargain purchase: tempura eggplant. $4 for a bowl of these beauties - the texture is to die for!

You can't have an Uchi or Uchiko experience without having the pork belly - Tyson Cole makes the best! He's got two pork belly options at Uchiko - obviously I tried both. This is the bacon sen.
Just make sure you finish your trip with the fried milk. You'll thank me :)

No comments: