Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yummy Chicken Salad

I've always had a weak spot for chicken spot for chicken salad, but I rarely make it at home. The great thing about chicken salad is that there are a million different ways to make it. I like this version because there's tons of flavor and texture, but the ingredient list is short. Enjoy!

Yummy Chicken Salad


1 pound chicken breast, roasted

Salt and pepper to taste

1 cup pecans, toasted
1 cup dried cranberries

1/2 cup celery, chopped
1 cup light mayo
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar

1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped

6 pitas, halved


Shred roasted chicken and combine in bowl with salt and pepper, pecans, cranberries, mayo, vinegar and rosemary. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Warm pitas in oven for a couple minutes, then stuff with chicken salad. Dig in!


1 comment:

Bun Baker said...

I didn't make the chicken salad, but I've used the pita pockets before! I actually got "salad pockets" at Kroger and they are awesome! I"ll have to try your chicken salad recipe soon too!

I'm ready for Thanksgiving!