Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Austin Restaurant Week is coming!

One of my favorite activities in Austin is 5 years old! The semi-annual Austin Restaurant Week is here again, starting this Sunday, 9/24. As always, it will run Sun-Thursday, for 2 consecutive weeks. What's to love? Let me count the ways:
  • It's a great way to try out a lot of dishes at restaurants you haven't tried yet (ARW offers 3 course menus for $27 or $37)
  • It's a good reminder to revisit your favorite restaurants
  •  Each ARW meal will donate $2 to Meals on Wheels
So here's what I want to know - where will you be dining for Austin Restaurant Week? What's on your wishlist? Here's mine!
  1. Andiamo Italiano - a reportedly awesome Italian spot that's just a mile from my house!
  2. Banger's Sausage House and Beer Garden -  just sounds like fun :)
  3. Olive and June - I lived just a few streets away from them when they first opened and have missed it terribly since we moved!
  4. Salty Sow - holy yum - truffle fries AND chocolate truffle cake on one menu? Yes please!
  5. Swift's Attic - I've been dying to try this place, and after sampling a few of their offerings at this week's ARW kick-off party, I can't wait to try more!

Delicious drinks at the bar. I had the paloma then switched to Hahn pinot noir - it paired well with all the passed apps!

Loved the ambiance. So different from what the space used to be - Kyoto.

No comments: